Possible fields of application
- Cartography: producing maps and 3D visualisations etc.
- Physical geography and geology: analysing potential natural disasters, terrain modelling and analysis, climate modelling etc.
- Human geography: modelling, analysing, simulating and visualising socio-economic phenomena etc.
- Land-use planning: visualising planned changes to the countryside and cityscape etc.
- Botany and zoology: analysing the spatial distribution of plants and animals etc.
- Marketing and financial services: managing and optimising locations for advertising etc.
- Medicine: analysing the spatial distribution and spread of diseases etc.